Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me" Review

I just finished a video review of "Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me" by Paula Begoun. You can check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXE9QLobhOQ


Overall, it is an excellent reference guide, especially if you are trying to save some money. It can help to steer you away from products that aren't really worth the money to purchase. I have agreed with most of the reviews I have read so far, so I feel like I can trust this book as a good reference source. The other great thing about the book is that you don't have to do a whole lot of reading to find out whether or not the product is worth purchasing. Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't read! I used to work at a library, so you know I definitely am an advocate of reading! ;-) But, sometimes time is of the essence, and you just don't have time to read a lot of reviews! This book is great because the reviews are short and sweet. You can just open to a product, or a company, and get the information quickly, probably more quickly than if you had to watch 5-10 reviews on YT or makeupalley.com.

I definitely recommend checking this book out. It is around $20, but worth every penny! Plus, it will help you save money in the long run by letting you know which products aren't worth your money to purchase. I had heard about this book for so long but I had never checked it out! I'm so glad that I did now, and that is why I'm encouraging you to do the same! If you aren't set on buying it just yet, check your local library. That's what I did (and frequently do, to preview items for free)!

That's about all for now...plenty of new videos will be up this week to make up for last week! Let me know if there is anything you would like to see as well! Have a wonderful week, and take care! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment